PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY TO MAKE YOUR EXPERIENCE AS SMOOTH AS POSSIBLE
All patients must pre-admit at the center one week before surgery or risk delay or cancellation. The center is located at 207 Stonebridge Blvd, in north Jackson. Patients who are physically unable to visit the center to pre-admit may speak with a member of the nursing team by phone to review medical history, receive instructions and ask questions.
The anesthesiologist or physician may order an EKG, or other tests which need to be performed prior to your surgery. These will be done when you pre-admit for your surgery. In the event you do not pre-admit, the timing and location of these tests will be arranged by your physician or the center and may further delay the procedure.
A minor (under 18) patient must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who can sign documents on his or her behalf. A parent or legal guardian also must remain on site during a minor patient’s entire stay at the center. Family members or friends may not serve as guardians without appropriate legal documentation.
Surgery schedules may be impacted by many factors. Delays are often unforeseen, and any changes to the surgical schedule are communicated to patients and families promptly.
You may not drive yourself home after surgery. If you do not have a responsible person with a valid driver’s license to drive you home and remain with you for at least 24 hours after your procedure, your surgery will be cancelled.
Advanced directives are not honored at this center.
Day of Surgery
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight. This includes chewing gum, mints and tobacco products.
- If you take blood pressure, heart, seizure or breathing medications, please take with a sip of water when you wake.
- Do not take diabetic medications the morning of your surgery.
- Please take a bath or shower, using an antibacterial soap, the evening before or the morning of your procedure.
- Anesthesia may be harmful to the unborn. If you might be pregnant, please notify your surgeon immediately.
- Failure to follow these instructions could result in delay, cancellation or serious complications, including death.
Morning of Surgery
- Arrive at the surgery center at the time given by your surgeon or the center’s nursing team.
- If you have experienced any health changes since pre-admitting, please notify your surgeon or the center.
- Bring insurance cards, photo ID, payment and all paperwork from your physician and/or the surgery center.
- Bring all current prescription medications to the center for the anesthesiologist to review.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that can be put on over dressings, braces or casts.
- Do not wear perfume, cologne, make-up, nail polish, body jewelry or contact lenses to the center.
- Leave all valuables at home. The center can not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- If possible, please leave small children at home. The center has very limited offerings for children for an extended period of time. In addition, patients are asked to being no more than two family members or friends to the center.
- The privacy of all our patients is very important; therefore, family and friends should not enter patient care areas unless specifically instructed to do so by center staff. Individuals such as friends and pastors who are not immediate family members will not be told about your care unless you provided direct, specific authorization for such.
- You are being provided care by an AAAHC-accredited facility, and if you have concerns regarding your care while at this facility, you may contact AAAHC at (847) 853-6060.
Insurance Benefits & Payment
- As a courtesy, the surgery center verifies benefits and bills your insurer for your fee(s). A member of our business office will estimate any balance due and will endeavor to review this information with you before surgery. Your estimated balance is due on the day of surgery. You must remember that you are ultimately responsible for your bill.
- In most cases, as applicable, you will receive separate bills from the center, anesthesiologist, surgeon, and lab.
- All procedures not covered by insurance must be paid in full prior to admission for surgery.